Friday, August 19, 2011

The Culinary Tea Order Arrived ...




... a day later than advertised but intact. It is too early to tell, since I have only tasted the Irish Breakfast Blend, but my quest to find a replacement for the now defunct SpecialTeas may have to continue. I will withhold judgement till I have tasted the Assam and Nilgiri. The Irish Breakfast Blend is a decent, workmanlike tea ... a good wake-up tea. Culinary's version is a coarse, granular powder. I filled an infuser and brewed a large cup in my oversized ceramic "cup", sweetened with a bit of agave nectar and lightened with a splash of milk. Enjoyable, though not quite the equal of my old love. This tea stood up well to a second infusion: a real plus on a busy weekday morning. I find myself wondering if I am just being nostalgic for my previous vendor ... I don't handle change real well, especially when it comes to food and beverages ... with each sip, I am enjoying this strong, fragrant tea just a little bit more.


I am still waiting for my sampler package from Carolina Plantation Teas [Bigelow]. I am very curious to see if I will detect a difference between an American grown tea and the Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Sri Lankan teas I have enjoyed in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment