Monday, August 15, 2011

Chun Mee

I thought I would start today with a green tea: Chun Mee Organic, a Chinese Green Tea. The steeping directions state to use water from a kettle that has begun to steam nicely but hasn't yet come to a boil and to steep for two minutes. I find it best to follow these directions carefully and if I am making more than one cup, to decant this tea into a second pot at the end of the steeping time. This particular tea is not very forgiving if over-steeped, acquiring a bitter and overly vegetal edge. But properly prepared, it has a light, bright, clean taste without any vegetal undertones. Perhaps it is best served as an afternoon tea. It is not exactly a brisk, wake-me-up sort of brew. But, as I said, I was in the mood for something light. I have shown it here with one of my favorite teapots, a blue green Japanese pot in a lotus blossom design. The cup, a light green depression glass, does not show the pale gold liquor properly ... I should have used a china cup with a white interior for the photo. Live and learn. I am new to blogging about and photographing tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment