Thursday, November 3, 2011

The last of the Catskill Purchases

Like a child, I have "saved the best for last". First, a very pretty Wedgewood creamer. I have also photographed the maker's mark since it identifies the pattern. One of these days I am going to gather all my photographs, print them out and start researching the value/collectibility of the various pieces I have acquired over the years. Secondly, this hob-nailed bowl of emerald green Depression glass was a real find. Depression glass is a "first love", something I have been collecting since my husband introduced me to the wonderful shops in Boothbay Harbor very early in our 40+ year marriage. I love the shape of this dimunitive little bowl, the fluting along the sides and the bands of hobnail along the top and bottom. I have a few other emerald green pieces and I can see this bowl holding clotted cream or jam at tea time. A perfect size for tea for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment